RVA SPLASH & DASH
The RVA Splash and Dash Series is a 4-race series held in partnership with local swim teams. The mission is to provide kids a safe, fun introduction to multisport. Each race includes a short swim followed by a short run with the last race also including a parent – child relay! Participants compete in each race to win series awards.
RACE DETAILS & REGISTRATION
Join us for all 4 exciting races: REGISTER >>
- June 22 – Hallsley, 3900 Brightwalton Rd, Midlothian
- June 29 – Avalon, 510 Heathfield Rd, Henrico
- July 13 – Kanawha, 8100 Holmes Ave, Henrico
- July 20 – Burkwood, 9120 Burkwood Club Dr, Mechanicsville
Register for a single race or the complete 4-Race Series to win series awards.
WHAT’S SPLASH & DASH?
About Splash & Dash – Splash & Dash is a USA Triathlon national series that provides a fun, safe introduction to multisport. Without the biggest barrier to entry in multsport – the bike – Splash and Dash offers kids a chance to race in a multisport format without the added experience and expense that biking requires. Therefore, any kid who knows how to swim can therefore enjoy this awesome race experience. All ages 17 and under encouraged to participate. Learn More about the Series >>
The Series – Endorphin Fitness has produced several Splash & Dash races in the past with much success and is now bringing this exciting format to local swims teams with a 4-race series. Local swim team clubs will compete in each race for both individual and club series awards.
Adult/Child Relay – The final race of the series will also host a short parent/child relay with both adult and child completing a 50-meter swim followed by a 400-meter run. This will be a fun finale to the series and free to any participant who races the Hallsley event. Got multiple kids? No problem as you can tag all your kids which will in essence create multiple teams that you are on.
A Great Cause – Registration for the event will cost participants $20 per race (before price bump) or $65 for the full 4-race series (includes races, t-shirt, & finisher’s medal). A portion of the proceeds from the event will go to the Cameron K Gallagher (Speak Up) Foundation, which is a beacon of hope for those who are affected by teenage mental illness.
Earn Money For Your Swim Team – If your team is hosting an event, you will earn money for your club through your participation.
Each course will consist of a 100 y/m swim followed by a 1 mile run. The entire race will be safe, fun, and mostly visible to spectators.
For the adult-child relay at the final race, both participants will complete the 50 meter swim and 1/2 mile run individually.
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
Friday Before Event
- 5:00-7:00pm Packet Pick-Up at Endorphin Fitness
- 6:30am-7:30am Packet Pick-Up
- 7:00-7:45am Transition Open
- 7:30-7:45am Swim Warm Ups
- 7:45am Pre-Race Meeting (poolside)
- 8:00 First Wave Race Start
- 9:30am Awards (or earlier)
- Burkwood Race Only = 9:00am Team Relay Race
- Burkwood Race Only = 10:00am Awards
- Single Race = $25, bump to $30 2-weeks before race, $35 at packet pick up
- 4-Race Series = $75 through June 8, $95 after June 8
* All participants must purchase a one-time USA Triathlon annual membership ($10) – required for all USAT events.
Sign up to volunteer to make this event a great experience for every participant. To volunteer, sign up here >>
We are looking for business partners who would benefit from having exposure to a multitude of active kids and their families. If interested, please contact Ryan Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cameron K. Gallagher Foundation (CKG) provides tools that cultivate awareness and understanding of teenage depression and anxiety. One teen out of every four suffers from mental illness, yet less than 33% get help. Together, we can change that. In 2017, CKG provided free programs about mental health, stress management and coping strategies to more than 17,500 students and their supporters in over 19 schools in the greater Richmond area. Additionally, over 2,000 teens and adults benefited from CKG mindfulness programs. CKG hosts SpeakUp5k races in Richmond, Tampa, San Diego and Nashville as a way to bring communities together in a positive and energetic way to start the conversation about prioritizing mental health. Help begins when we SpeakUp!
- Burkwood Results | Avalon Results | Kanawha Results | Hallsley Results
- Individual & Team Series Standings
- Adult-Child Relay Results
- Race 1 (Burkwood) Results | Race 2 (Avalon) Results | Race 3 (Hallsley) Results
- Adult-Child Relay Results (listed by child’s name)
- Final Series Standings
- Team Competition Series Top 3: Avalon 243, Hallsley 98, Burkwood 35
To see photos, visit the Live Red Foundation / EF Flickr page here!