VHBG YOUTH TRIATHLON
Endorphin Fitness is partnering with the Virginia Home for Boys and Girls (VHBG) to host the 5th Annual Youth Triathlon presented by Endorphin Fitness. 100% of the proceeds from this event benefit the children at VHBG. To learn more about the VHBG, visit http://vhbg.org/. The race is open to ages 5-14 years and features a short pool swim, loop bike course closed to vehicular traffic, and a run on level playing fields. Come join the fun and support VHBG’s mission.
Saturday, Aug 19, 2017
Virginia Home for Boys and Girls
8716 West Broad Street
Richmond, VA 23294
4-DAY YOUTH TRIATHLON CAMP (OPTIONAL)
Monday, Aug 14 – Thursday, Aug 17, 2017
Hosted by Endorphin Fitness, this camp will prepare kids between the ages of 5-14 years for the Virginia Home for Boys and Girls Youth Triathlon as well as any other youth triathlon. Participants will be taught essential skills of the sport in a safe and fun environment. The camp will be held at VHBG Monday-Thursday. To register for camp, SIGN UP HERE – cost is $95.
Dates: Monday, Aug. 14- Thursday, Aug. 17, 2017
Time: 5:30pm -7:00pm each day
Location: 8716 West Broad St. Richmond, VA 23294
- Monday – Swim technique; Run technique
- Tuesday – Bike technique; Transitions
- Wednesday – Swim technique / Race prep workout; Easy bike / Run course preview
- Thursday – Review of skills; Race simulation (swim, bike, run)
Friday, Aug 18, 2017
- 2:00pm – 6:00pm Packet pick-up at Endorphin Fitness, 8908 Patterson Avenue, Richmond, VA 23229
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm Pre-race briefing at Endorphin Fitness
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
Saturday, Aug 19, 2017
- 6:30am – 7:00am Pre-approved packet pick-up
- 7:00am Transition opens & bike mechanic available
- 7:15am – 7:45am swim, bike, and run warm ups allowed on course
- 7:45am Transition closes & pre-race meeting beside pool
- 7:50am Pre-Race meeting beside pool
- 8:00am First wave starts for 5-9 age group with United Athletics wave
- 8:30am-11am Post-race snacks and family fun day activities
- 9:15am Approximate first wave start for 10-14 age group with VHBG residents
- 9:30am Award ceremony for 5-9 age groups
- 11:00am Awards presentation for 10-14 age groups
5-9 Year Olds
- 40 yd swim
- 1.5 mi bike (2 laps)
- .5 mile run (1 lap)
10-14 yr olds
- 80 yd swim
- 3 mi bike (4 laps)
- 1 mi run (2 laps)
All proceeds benefit the children at Virginia Home for Boys and Girls. The registration fees below do not include online processing charges. This will be added to your final cost at check out. Online Registration closes Wednesday, August 16 at 12pm.
Registration coming soon!
RACE DAY FEES
|THRU APR 30||MAY 1 – AUG 9||AUG 10 – RACE DAY|
|INVIDIDUAL||$50 donation||$60 donation||$70 donation|
|RELAY||$80 donation||$90 donation||$100 donation|
*100% of race fee go directly towards VA Home For Boys and Girls. Race fee includes race, t-shirt, and post-race snacks.
There are no refunds for any reason. You may transfer your registration to another racer. A $10 fee along with any difference in registration costs will be charged to transfer. The deadline for transfers is 30 days before race day. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
Everyone gets a finishers medal! In addition, awards will be given to the following race categories:
- Age groups (3 deep) male and female (5&under, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-14)
- Top Relay Team
Please note the VHBG reserves the right to add or delete the number of awards in age group categories prior to race day based on registrants in that category. Awards will not be mailed out. You must be present to collect your award or have someone pick it up for you.
2016 Pictures – Made possible through the generous donation of Ed Tepper – all proceeds go to VHBG.
For more information on how you can volunteer for the VHBG Youth Triathlon, please contact Joan Marble at JMarable@vhbg.org.
For more information on how you can sponsor the VHBG Youth Triathlon, please contact Joan Marble at JMarable@vhbg.org.