LIBERTY UNIVERSITY ONLINE ACADEMY EAST COAST TRIATHLON FESTIVAL
The Liberty University Online Academy East Coast Triathlon Festival is a full day triathlon event on May 7, 2017 with races for all ages and experience levels – see the 4 race categories below. All in one day, we have races for the top professionals in the world, the top junior elites in the country, and amateur adult and youth athletes of all ability levels. Athletes and spectators, come be part of the most unique triathlon experience in the country.
All race registrations are now open:
- Super Sprint (13+)
- Kid’s Amateur Triathlon / Duathlon (7-15)
- Youth Elite Cup (13-15)
- Junior Elite Cup (16-19)
- CAMTRI (ITU) Sprint American Continental Cup (Elites)
Wait List – Currently, youth elite girls, junior elite girls, and junior elite boys are full. You can add your name to the wait list here. An updated wait list will be posted every Friday so you can check your status. View Current Wait List >>
The race, expo, and packet pick-up will all be held at
4600 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
SUPER SPRINT AMATEUR RACE
This race is perfect for all ages 13-100 with a unique super sprint format (375m swim, 10k bike, 2.5k run). This format provides a perfect introduction to open water triathlon for the beginner as well as a chance for the experienced triathlete to see just how fast he or she can go. For those athletes 13-19 years old, this race is part of the USAT Mid-Atlantic Talent ID Series.
Ages 13-100: 375m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike; 2.5k run
KID’S AMATEUR RACES
This race is a great introduction to open water triathlon with a fun, safe venue for ages 7-15. The swim takes place in a man-made lake with a shallow water start and runs parallel and in close proximity to the shore. The bike and run take place on closed office park roadways. There is also a duathlon [run-swim-run] option for kids age 7-10 not wishing to swim. This race is part of the 2016 USA Triathlon Youth Regional Series.
Ages 7-10: 100m swim, 5k bike, 1/2 mi run
Ages 11-15: 200m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike; 2.5k run
Duathlon [age 7-10]: 1/2m run, 5k bike, 1/2 mi run
USAT YOUTH/JUNIOR ELITE CUP
A draft-legal race for youth/junior elites ages 13-19. This serves as 1 of 4 qualifiers for the July 30-31 Youth/Junior Elite National Championships in West Chester, Ohio. To learn more about this series, view the 2017 Junior Elite Series Guide.
Youth (13-15): 375m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike, 2.5k run
Junior (16-19): 750m swim; 20k (4 lap) bike; 5k (2 lap) run
CAMTRI (ITU) SPRINT AMERICAN CONTINENTAL CUP
We are proud to host the Richmond CAMTRI Sprint American Cup which will bring some of the best triathletes in the world to Richmond! This is a draft-legal race for athletes carrying elite licenses only. Please note: All Elite athletes are required to register for the race online. As this is an ITU event, athletes must also register through their National Federation to be entered into the ITU system.
CAMTRI Sprint American Cup (Elites): 750m swim; 20k (4 lap) bike; 5k (2 lap) run
Prize money awarded as follows to CAMTRI Sprint American Cup:
Place Women $5,000 Men $5,000
- 1st $1500 $1500
- 2nd $1250 $1250
- 3rd $1000 $1000
- 4th $750 $750
- 5th $500 $500
All races are completed on a course completely closed to traffic with multiple loops encircling the viewing area making it very spectator friendly. The course is perfect for all ages and levels.
- Swim Course Map
- Bike Course Map
- Bike Course Video (includes the run and a view of the lake)
- Run Course Map
- Transition Map
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday, May 6
- 12:00-5:00pm Packet Pick-Up / Expo (available Sunday also excluding elites)
- 12:00-2:00pm Swim Warm Ups & Course Preview
- 3:00pm Youth & Adult Age Group Briefing
- 3:45pm Youth & Junior Elite Race Briefing
- 4:45pm CAMTRI Sprint American Cup Briefing
Sunday, May 7
- 5:30-6:30am Race Day Packet Pick-Up
- 7:00am-5pm Expo
- 7:00am Super Sprint Race Start
- 8:30am Junior Elite Female Start
- 9:00am Age Group Awards Ceremony
- 10:00am Junior Elite Men Start
- 11:30am Youth Elite Female Start
- 12:30pm Youth Elite Male Start
- 1:30pm CAMTRI (ITU) Sprint American Cup Female Start
- 2:00pm Junior/Youth Elite Awards Ceremony
- 3:00pm CAMTRI (ITU) Sprint American Cup Male Start
- 2:30-4:30pm Kid’s Tri Packet Pick-Up
- 4:30pm Kid’s Tri Boys 11-15, Girls 11-15 Race Start
- 5:00pm CAMTRI (ITU) Sprint American Cup Awards
- 5:30pm Kid’s Tri Boys 7-10, Girls 7-10 Race Start
- 6:30pm Youth Age Group Award Ceremony
View the Athlete Guide
Through 1/22 1/23 – 4/8 4/9 – 5/2 Packet Pick-Up
- CAMTRI Sprint Am Cup Not Open $100.00 $100.00 $100.00
- Youth/Junior Elite Races Not Open $90.00 $100.00 $100.00
- Super Sprint Individual $50.00 $60.00 $70.00 $80.00
- Super Sprint Relay Team $100.00 $120.00 $140.00 $160.00
- Kid’s Races Individual $50.00 $60.00 $70.00 $80.00
- Kid’s Races Relay Team $100.00 $120.00 $140.00 $160.00
* Please note price is determined by the day payment is received, not the day athlete registers.
OPTIONAL YOUTH & Y/J ELITE TRAINING CAMP
Join the Endorphin Fitness expert coaches and race directors for a race-prep camp on the race course April 7-9. This camp will cover swim, bike, run technique; detailed course overview; strength/mobility training; and provide athletes the opportunity to do race simulations on the course. Two camps available: Kid’s Tri Camp (ages 5-12) and Youth/Junior Elite (ages 13-19) Camp.
RENTAL WETSUITS & WHEELS
Expected water temperature is between 18-20 degrees celcius. To rent a wetsuit or race wheels, email email@example.com or call 804.741.1599.
Courtyard Marriott Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
3950 Westerre Parkway, Henrico, VA 23223
Special Rate of $99/night. Call 1-800-321-2211 and reference Endorphin Fitness or click HERE to reserve online
4100 Innslake Dr, Glen Allen, VA 23060
Special Rate of $109/night (King Suite) or $114/night (Doubles). Reserve through LINK or by calling 804-217-8000 and reference Endorphin Fitness.
- Super Sprint
- Junior Elite Female
- Junior Elite Male
- Youth Elite Female
- Youth Elite Male
- CAMTRI Elite Female
- CAMTRI Elite Male
- Kid’s Triathlon Age 11-15
- Kid’s Triathlon Age 7-10
- Kid’s Duathlon
View Pictures! These pictures were made available to you to download at no charge by our volunteer photographers as a fundraiser for United Athletics, an organization we love and suport. Enjoy the photos and please consider making a small donation to United Athletics to help these young people participate in the sport we love.
If you would like to volunteer for this event, click HERE to sign up. Thank you.