Races & Events
RVA Splash & Dash
The EF Splash and Dash will be held on June 11, 2016. This race is a partnership between Endorphin Fitness and The Shady Grove YMCA to provide kids age 5-15 a safe, fun introduction to multisport. This race includes a short swim, followed immediately by a short run.
Make sure to register for the kids race and the adult-child relay!
Shady Grove YMCA - 11255 Nuckol's Rd, Glen Allen, VA
What's Splash & Dash?
USA Triathlon National Series - The Richmond Splash & Dash is part of a national USA Triathlon Series. Learn More about the Series.
Anyone Can Participate - Without the biggest barrier to entry in multsport - the bike - Splash and Dash offers kids a chance to race in a multisport format without the added experience and expense that biking requires. Therefore, any kid who knows how to swim can therefore enjoy this awesome race experience.
- Great introduction to multisport / triathlon without the need for a bike. Perfect for swimmers and/or runners!
- Super fun environment for the whole family. The event will be part of the Shady Grove YMCA's "Summer Kick-Off Festival!"
- The Adult-Child Relay provides an opportunity to race 2x in one day - once in the kid's race and once with an adult in the relay!
- The finish line will feature a slip & slide finish!
- Earn money for your school with the School Participation Competition (see details below)
After the kid's races, kid's will have the opportunity to race again with an adult or another child in a fun, unique relay. One team member will complete a 50 yard swim followed by a .25 mile run before tagging his or her teammate who complete the same swim and run. Both teammates will then meet 50 yards from the finish line and run across the finish line together before sliding down the slip & slide to end their race. Awards for the top 3 teams. You don't want to miss this!
Earn money for your school or organization! Organizations (schools, swim teams, etc) with 7 or more participants are eligible for the participation competition which awards the top 3 organizations with the most participation with a donation:
- 1st Place = $150
- 2nd Place = $100
- 3rd Place = $50
Course Details - The swim will be held in a 25-meter pool at the Shady Grove YMCA. Transition will be set up directly behind the Shady Grove YMCA as swimmers exit the pool with plenty of visability for spectators. The run will take place on the Shady Grove YMCA soccer fields and finish with a slippy-slide immediately after the finish line. The entire race is visible to spectators and will be a blast for all.
Race Distances - The EF Splash & Dash categories / distances are as follows:
* For the relay, both participants will complete the 50 meter swim and 1/4 mile run individually. See format description above.
Shady Grove Y Summer Kick-Off Festival
After the race, make sure you join the Shady Grove Y for their Summer Kick-Off Festival from 9am-1pm and enjoy the following:
- Inflatable Pirate Ship with activities
- Live Pirates with Pirate School
- Face Painting
- Crafts for kids
- Games for everyone
- Kona Ice
Friday, June 10
- 4:00-7:00pm Packet Pick-Up at Endorphin Fitness
- 6:00-6:30pm Race Informational Briefing
Saturday, June 11
- 6:30am-7:45am Packet Pick-Up
- 7:30-7:45am Swim Warm Ups
- 7:45am Pre-Race Meeting (Behind YMCA)
- 8:20-8:35am Swim Warm Ups
- 8:00am Age 11-15 Race Start
- 8:45am Age 7-10 Race Start
- 9am-1pm Shady Grove Y Summer Kick-Off Festival
- 9:05-9:20am Swim Warm Ups
- 9:30am Team Relay Race
- 10:15am Awards
- Through May 4 = $30
- May 5 - June 1 = $40
Make sure to register for the kids race and the team relay!
Join Us For Camp
Join us for a camp to prepare for the EF Splash & Dash and the Power Kids Triathlons. This will take place at the Shady Grove YMCA on April 16th from 12-2pm and cover everything you need to be succesful on race day.