Races & Events
Liberty University Online Academy East Coast Triathlon Festival
The Liberty University Online Academy East Coast Triathlon Festival is a full day triathlon event on May 1, 2016 with races for all ages and experience levels - see the 4 race categories below. All in one day, we have races for the top professionals in the world, the top junior elites in the country, and amateur adult and youth athletes of all ability levels. Athletes and spectators, come be part of the most unique triathlon experience in the country.
- Super Sprint - Open Now!
- Kid's Races - Open Now!
- Youth/Junior Elite Draft Legal Races - Only a few spots remaining! If your category is full, add your name to wait list HERE.
- CAMTRI Sprint American Cup - All Elites must register for the race here, but as this is an ITU event, athletes must also register through their National Federation to be entered into the ITU system.
Over 400 already registered!!
The race, expo, and packet pick-up will all be held at
4600 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Super Sprint Amateur Race
This race is perfect for all ages 13-100 with a unique super sprint format (375m swim, 10k bike, 2.5k run). This format provides a perfect introduction to open water triathlon for the beginner as well as a chance for the experienced triathlete to see just how fast he or she can go.
Ages 16-100: 375m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike; 2.5k run
Kid's Amateur Race
This race is a great introduction to open water triathlon with a fun, safe venue for ages 7-15. The swim takes place in a man-made lake with a shallow water start and runs parallel and in close proximity to the shore. The bike and run take place on closed office park roadways. There is also a duathlon [run-swim-run] option for kids age 7-10 not wishing to swim.
Ages 7-10: 100m swim, 5k bike, 1/2 mi run
Ages 11-15: 200m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike; 2.5k run
Duathlon [age 7-10]: 1/2m run, 5k bike, 1/2 mi run
Youth/Junior Elite Cup
A draft-legal race for youth/junior elites ages 13-19. This serves as 1 of 4 qualifiers for the July 30-31 Youth/Junior Elite National Championships in West Chester, Ohio. To learn more about this series, view the 2016 Junior Elite Series Guide.
Youth (13-15) Elite Cup: 375m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike, 2.5k run
Junior (16-19) Elite Cup: 750m swim; 20k (4 lap) bike; 5k (2 lap) run
CAMTRI (ITU) Sprint American Continental Cup
We are proud to host the Richmond CAMTRI Sprint American Cup which will bring some of the best triathletes in the world to Richmond! This is a draft-legal race for athletes carrying elite licenses only. Please note: All Elite athletes are required to register for the race online. As this is an ITU event, athletes must also register through their National Federation to be entered into the ITU system.
CAMTRI Sprint American Cup (Elites): 750m swim; 20k (4 lap) bike; 5k (2 lap) run
All races are completed on a course completely closed to traffic with multiple loops encircling the viewing area making it very spectator friendly. The course is perfect for all ages and levels.
- Swim Course Map
- Bike Course Map
- Bike Course Video (includes the run and a view of the lake)
- Run Course Map
- Transition Map
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 30
- 12:00-5:00pm Packet Pick-Up / Expo (available Sunday also excluding elites)
- 12:00-2:00pm Swim Warm Ups & Course Preview
- 3:00pm Youth & Adult Age Group Briefing
- 4:00pm Youth & Junior Elite Race Briefing
- 6:00pm Kick-Off Celebration Dinner (contact us for tickets)
Sunday, May 1
- 5:30-6:30am Race Day Packet Pick-Up
- 7:00am-5pm Expo
- 7:00am Super Sprint Race Start
- 8:30am Junior Elite Female Start
- 9:00am Age Group Awards Ceremony
- 10:00am Junior Elite Men Start
- 11:30am Youth Elite Female Start
- 12:30pm Youth Elite Male Start
- 1:30pm CAMTRI (ITU) Sprint American Cup Female Start
- 2:00pm Junior/Youth Elite Awards Ceremony
- 3:00pm CAMTRI (ITU) Sprint American Cup Male Start
- 2:30-4:30pm Kid's Tri Packet Pick-Up
- 4:30pm Kid's Tri Boys 11-15, Girls 11-15 Race Start
- 5:00pm CAMTRI (ITU) Sprint American Cup Awards
- 5:30pm Age Group Boys 7-10, Girls 7-10 Race Start
- 6:30pm Youth Age Group Award Ceremony
Through 1/14 1/15 - 3/26 3/27 - 4/27 Packet Pick-Up
- CAMTRI Sprint Am Cup Not Open $85.00 $95.00 $100.00
- Youth/Junior Elite Races Not Open $75.00 $85.00 $95.00
- Super Sprint Individual $50.00 $60.00 $70.00 $80.00
- Super Sprint Relay Team $100.00 $120.00 $140.00 $160.00
- Kid's Races Individual $50.00 $60.00 $70.00 $80.00
- Kid's Races Relay Team $100.00 $120.00 $140.00 $160.00
* Please note price is determined by the day payment is received, not the day athlete registers.
Rental Wetsuits & Wheels
Courtyard Marriott Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
3950 Westerre Parkway, Henrico, VA 23223
Special Rate of $104/night. Call 1-800-321-2211 and reference Endorphin Fitness or click HERE to reserve online
4100 Innslake Dr, Glen Allen, VA 23060
Special Rate of $104/night (King Suite) or $109/night (Doubles). Call 804-217-8000 and reference Endorphin Fitness.
Past Results & Photos
If you would like to volunteer for this event, click HERE to sign up. Thank you.