Races & Events
Liberty University Online Academy East Coast Triathlon Festival
The Liberty University Online Academy East Coast Triathlon Festival is a full day triathlon event on May 3, 2015 with races for all ages and experience levels - see the 3 race categories below. All races are completed on a course completely closed to traffic with multiple loops encircling the viewing area so that it is very spectator friendly. Bring your entire family out to race and make sure to watch the Youth & Junior Elite Race as well as this is only one of three in the country and will host 300 of the top 13-19 year old athletes in North America who are on the US Olympic track as they race head-to-head. Come be part of the most unique triathlon experience in the country.
For all results, click HERE.
The Super Sprint & Kid's Non-Draft Races are open now.
The race, expo, and packet pick-up will all be held at
4600 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Super Sprint Race
This race is perfect for all ages 13-100 with a unique super sprint format (375m swim, 10k bike, 2.5k run). This format provides a perfect introduction to open water triathlon for the beginner as well as a chance for the experienced triathlete to see just how fast he or she can go.
Ages 16-100: 375m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike; 2.5k run
Youth/Junior Elite Cup
A draft-legal race for youth/junior elites ages 13-19. This serves as 1 of 4 qualifiers for the August 2-3 Youth/Junior Elite National Championships in West Chester, Ohio. To learn more about this series, view the 2015 Series Guide.
Youth (13-15) Elite Cup: 375m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike, 2.5k run
Junior (16-19) Elite Cup: 750m swim; 20k (4 lap) bike; 5k (2 lap) run
Kid's Amateur Race
This race is a great introduction to open water triathlon with a fun, safe venue for ages 7-15. The swim takes place in a man-made lake with a shallow water start and runs parallel and in close proximity to the shore. The bike and run take place on closed office park roadways. There is also a duathlon [run-swim-run] option for kids age 7-10 not wishing to swim.
- Ages 7-10: 100m swim, 5k bike, 1/2 mi run
- Ages 11-15: 200m swim; 10k (2 lap) bike; 2.5k run
- Duathlon [age 7-10]: 1/2m run, 5k bike, 1/2 mi run
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 2
- 10:30-Noon Update: Course closed from 10:30-Noon
- 12:00-5:00pm Packet Pick-Up / Expo (available Sunday also)
- 12:00-2:00pm Swim Warm Ups & Course Preview
- 3:00pm Youth & Adult Age Group Briefing
- 4:00pm Youth & Junior Elite Race Briefing
- 6:00pm Kick-Off Celebration Dinner (contact us for tickets)
Sunday, May 3
- 5:30-6:30am Race Day Packet Pick-Up
- 7:00am-5pm Expo
- 7:00am Adult Age Group Race Start
- 8:30am Junior Elite Female Start
- 9:00am Age Group Awards Ceremony
- 10:00am Junior Elite Men Start
- 11:30am Youth Elite Female Start
- 12:30pm Youth Elite Male Start
- 12:45-2:45pm Age Group Kids Packet Pick-Up
- 1:45pm United Athletics Assisted Athletes Race Start
- 2:00pm Junior/Youth Elite Awards Ceremony
- 2:30pm Age Group Boys 11-15, Girls 11-15 Race Start
- 3:30pm Age Group Boys 7-10, Girls 7-10 Race Start
- 4:30pm Youth Age Group Award Ceremony
Need a Wetsuit?
Courtyard Marriott Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
3950 Westerre Parkway, Henrico, VA 23223
Special Rate of $94/night through ECTF LINK or call 1-800-321-2211 and reference East Coast National Championship Triathlon Festival May 2015
Past Results & Photos
Visit our photography partner Around RVA Photography for race day photos.