(804) 741-1599           [email protected]  

COMMUNITY

• Blog
    Blog

Wrightsville Beach Half Marathon Course Preview

- by Nick Seitz

At the start, due to the race starting early (6:40am), it will still be dark for the first few miles. Even though the roadway is still visible, your watches will not be. Therefore, make sure that you know how to turn the backlight on and off so that you can see your data. If you have any questions on this, please reach out to your coaches.

• Blog
    Blog

Shamrock Half Marathon Course Preview

- by Nick Seitz

This course is flat and fast. The biggest thing to contend with is the wind which you should minimize through tucking in behind another runner, or better yet group of runners, during the windy sections. Here is the breakdown of the course:

• Blog
    Blog

How To Race A Half Marathon

- by Nick Seitz

I believe the half marathon distance is one of the greatest races out there. Long enough to really stretch you while short enough to feel like you are racing. Not as glorious as the marathon? I think not. Racing a half marathon requires keen pacing and guts to get the finish line at your potential.

• Blog
    Blog

Race Recap: March 10th – March 11th

- by Nick Seitz

We have many races to report on this week. Races include the Sarasota Draft Legal Triathlon which served included the North American Junior Champs, VA State Championship Swim Meet, Belmonte 25k Trail Race, Belmonte 50 Miler, Shamrock Crit, and the Rock ’N Roll 5k ad Half Marathon in DC.

• Blog
    Blog

Michael’s Message – What Older Athletes Need

- by Nick Seitz

For over 13 years, I have been preaching that older athletes need speed work. I know, it sounds crazy as most older athletes wrap themselves in bubble wrap and just try to stay injury free, but speed work is exactly what they need to perform to their potential (which means minimizing injury). The trend as athletes age is to slow down and race longer. While I am perfectly fine with older athletes racing longer distances, it should not come at the expense of speed work or racing short periodically.

FACEBOOK FEED

[custom-facebook-feed id=endorphinfitnessva num=5 layout=thumb height=1000px]

Get training tips, inspiration, and promos delivered weekly!